Oats & Nuts Granola
No ratings yet
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 30 mins
✅ SERVINGS- 08
✔️ 4½ cups whole grain oats
✔️ 1½ cups walnuts, chopped
✔️ 1½ cups almonds, chopped
✔️ ⅔ cup brown sugar, packed tightly
✔️ ⅔ cup maple syrup
✔️ ½ cup Mantova Italian Golden Extra Virgin Olive Oil (or substitute one our Mantova Flavored Spray Oils for an enhanced nutty, toasted flavor: Walnut, Flaxseed, or Grapeseed)
✔️ 1¼ tsp salt
✔️ ½ tsp vanilla
✔️ ½ tsp almond extract
✔️ ½ tsp cinnamon, optional
✔️ ½ cup dried fruit (raisins, craisins, banana, mango, or cherry), optional
✔️ Mantova Walnut Oil Spray, 5 oz. optional
1. Preheat oven to 250°. Line two cookie sheets with silicone pat or parchment paper.
2. Finely chop the pecans and almonds and then add to oatmeal, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon (optional) in a large bowl. Stir well.
3. In a small bowl combine the maple syrup and oil. Whisk until well incorporated. Add the vanilla and almond extract. Mix well.
4. Add the syrup & oil mixture to the oatmeal. Mix until thoroughly coated and evenly distributed. Add the dried fruit, if desired.
5. Transfer the mixture to the cookie sheets, spreading out evenly. Spray the top of the granola with Mantova Walnut Oil. Place in the oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring the granola and rotating the cookie sheets every 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool. Transfer to an airtight container. Can be served with fresh fruit, milk, yogurt, or ice cream for breakfast or a quick, healthy snack. Enjoy!